Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Harry Potter Is in the [Class]Room!

Over the past decade, his celebrity has died down. But, wow! He hasn't lost his charm!

My students are good readers, but only a few are "hooked" on reading. Of course, like any good promoter, I hyped the Harry Potter series. Yesterday, with impeccable timing, Harry Potter arrived in my fourth grade classroom. Just listen to what's happened:

  • "I don't want to go to recess. I have to keep reading!"
  • "This is the best book I've ever read!
  • "I can't wait to read more!"
  • "When will we begin building the model of Diagon Alley?"
  • "Can I read more chapters than you have assigned?

Thank you, Joanne Rowling! You have singlehandedly piqued my students' interest in reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment