How do you use the Factor Finder? Let me count the ways:
1. Have students color the factors of each number.
2. Discuss the patterns that emerge.
3. Have them shade the numbers that have exactly two factors. These are prime numbers.
4. Ask the students to shade the numbers that have more than two factors. These are composite numbers.
5. Let students use Factor Finder to explore common multiples and the Greatest Common Multiple of two or more numbers.
6. Keep the Factor Finder handy as students begin reducing fractions (but wean them off of it as they become more familiar).
Factor Finder is a great tool for middle grade students as they dip their toes in the factor pool. Grab it for free for a limited time at my Teachers pay Teachers store. Enjoy!